Monday, February 25, 2013

Learning to Read

Stuffed animals, be they bed, chair, bookshelf, or back-of-the-car, have no idea they can move. The Syndrome is so ingrained. But twelve years in the cupboard allowed me to remember, and use my forgotten power to get out. Out of the Cupboard Syndrome will not stop me.

It is late at night. Teacher-man has left me for days under the table by the door where he comes in. I conjure the same will I used to get to the front of the cupboard. The little boy in the house is learning to make letters and words on the page come alive with voice. They use a book.


I will find it!

Progress is slow, but I see the book.


This is it; I have a feeling.






I make it through                  
21 exhausting lessons.
Wish I could vocalize 
to sing the beauty 
of the words.
I almost hear 
them 
in a voice 
I wish was mine.

And this cat is not sad, for it is certain: I am learning to read!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home