Friday, January 25, 2013

Not all cats are like me

Not all cats are like me.
      Fire-Haired girl introduced me to Midnight.



The blackest cat ever
Invisible Midnight
when lights are out
Quiet as I



 It didn't take the Black One long to warm up to me.


      We're staring down a medium sized murid. Not a real one. A real one? Are you kidding? 
I'd be all over that!    

      No, this is a fake one on a string, on a pole. The people dance it around and Midnight pounces as if it were real. I tell him it's fake; they're duping him. He pays no attention. Goes on one imbecilic rampage after another.

      That's not the only other cat I met!
                                                                            
FIREHEART of THUNDERCLAN
STONEFUR
CINDERPELT

      Cats so valiant, so intrepid, the sensation of blood pulsing almost ran through my fur. 

ROYAL, CAT of the CRATE
The only cat left to attack the wild dog pack!

      And the WORDS. Oh, the words. 
The Fire-Haired girl read 
to me for hours. 
I begged 
with every hair I have 
that she never stop. 
She made the words melodious. 
Sang to me for hours.


     

      I faked sleep for her sake. Keyed up from the reading, I tossed and turned and finally made my way to take some notes, before collapsing at her side. 



      I had found the perfect place. 




AND THEN... I BUNGLED the whole thing.


      Who would want a cat that gets his nose st--- well, you can see. One of the big people was late to work. Fire-Haired girl was late to classroom. I was stuck, okay?!

      The whole way back to classroom I asked myself who would leave something like that around? This was not my fault.







      

      I spent the rest of the day here.



      I think maybe Fire-Haired girl is accurate. Teacher-man does not treat me the best.

                       

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home